|| Small Excavator Operator
||Alpha Better Landscaping
||Calgary and surrounding areas
The Small Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe operation of a CAT 308C, CAT 320 DLL, or Case CX210 during project construction.
- Perform pre-operational and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Perform assigned excavations on schedule, as directed by the Heavy Equipment Supervisor and the project Superintendents.
- Ensure grading, sloping, and trenching are done to the proper depth and grade.
- Conduct work in accordance with OH&S requirements.
- Observe and note condition of excavator equipment to ensure standards are met and problems and defects are corrected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with crew members, supervisors, and other colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting and operating an excavator.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player.
- Open to continuous learning.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK UNTIL THE END OF SEASON – NOVEMBER 2017.
- 1 to 2 years experience operating an excavator.
- Class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and other measurements related to excavating.
- Own steel-toed boots.
- Excavator Operator Certificate is considered an asset.
- Other construction and safety training considered an asset.
||Jun 6, 2017
<< Go Back
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.