|| Re-Hab Foreman
||Calgary and surrounding areas
In conjunction with the Superintendent, the Foreman plans and schedules key construction/maintenance activities for each week and establish production priorities in keeping with project schedules and budget.
- Coordinate, manage, and motivate the day to day activities of crew members and sub-contractors.
- Implement operating methods and procedures designed to improve productivity and product quality with guidance from the Superintendent.
- Review all project specifications, scope of work, and site conditions with Superintendent and help establish project schedules and priorities.
- Identify hazards and other potential obstacles during project construction and recommend potential solutions.
- Responsible for overall health & safety of crew members and job site including training, incident reporting, and enforcement.
- Provide coaching, training, performance evaluation, and communicate job expectations to direct reports.
- Identify needs for supplies, materials, & equipment and report to the Superintendent at the beginning of each week.
- Identify requirements for tools & equipment and ensure their availability prior to project construction.
- Accountable for assigned truck, trailer, bobcat, and other tools/equipment to ensure their safe operation and maintenance.
- Conduct daily reviews of project production status with Superintendent and resolve on-site operational, human resource, and technical problems to minimize impact project schedule and budget.
- Develop and maintain client relationships for each project and ensure that any issues that can affect the contract are reported to the Superintendent.
- Attend project meetings as a representative of the company.
- Provide daily production & activity reports, communication logs, and other relevant information and documents to Superintendent.
- Prepare and approve all daily timesheets for crew members and ensure time is coded to the proper job costing.
- Practice, encourage, and enforce company corporate values.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and other colleagues.
- Ability to effectively direct the work activities of direct reports.
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Health & safety oriented.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK UNTIL THE END OF SEASON – NOVEMBER 2018.
- 1 – 3 years of Foreman experience in the landscaping or construction industry.
- Class 5 driver’s licence required.
- Experience operating landscaping and construction equipment (i.e. skidsteers, tractors, back hoes, etc.)
- Above average project management skills.
- Completion or in the process of completion of the Certified Horticultural Technician (CHT) program is considered an asset.
- Other related construction or safety training program completion is considered an asset.
||Mar 21, 2018
<< Go Back
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.